- Understanding Compression
- Music Production
with a little practice, you can go from hating compression to loving it and wielding it to get great results.
Do any of these describe you?
- You sometimes wonder if the track sounded better before you started compressing it.
- You grab compressor knobs at random and start twisting, hoping something will sound better.
- Your mixes are too quiet.
- Your mixes are too loud.
- Your mixes don’t sound nearly as full or professional as everyone else’s.
- You buy more gear (mics, preamps, plug-ins) in an attempt to improve your mixes, but they still don’t sound much better.
- You want your mixes to sound less like an amateur mix and more like a professional mix.
If so, Understanding Compression can help.You need a starting point. With Understanding Compression, I will walk you through the compression process. You’ll walk away with a more complete understanding of