- JumpStart Your Mix
- Music Production
We all want to deliver killer mixes every time. Whether you are mixing for clients or your own recordings, your goal is for the final mix to be polished, musical, and professional. But if it were that easy, wouldn’t your mixes already be solid?
Taking complex musical elements and blending them all together sounds simple in theory, but in reality you find a very different story. No matter how well parts are recorded individually, an amateur mix can make your tracks sound, well amateur.
Whether you’ve been to a prestigious audio engineering school or you started mixing music as a hobby, one thing is for sure: we all need to know some foundational basics to the art of mixing if we ever expect to make killer pro mixes. The JumpStart series of videos provide that foundation and are your roadmap to better mixes!
Without wasting any time, each JumpStart video tells you exactly what you need to know to start seeing the mixing results you want. After one hour of watching these videos you will be able to:
- Create separation and clarity in your mixes through EQ
- Wield compression to either reign in a dynamic vocal or fatten up a snare
- Tighten up out-of-time drums and bass and get your vocals to sit in the “pocket”
- Put together a radio-ready mix that is compelling from start to finish
- Confidently master your own mixes to release to the world!